Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Carry Over Saves (/forums/showthread.php?t=992870)

Karle 09-26-2021 11:06 AM

Carry Over Saves

As we went from MLB 20 the Show to MLB 21 the Show it came as quite a shock to learn that carry over saves were not possible. I had already put quite a bit of work into a roster which I would never end up using not to mention all the historic rosters created over the years by endless hours of work of others which could not transfer over. Yet, given the change in roster size to 26 players and the creation of an X-Box version of the game, it was understandable that it would likely be quite difficult if not impossible to make carry overs of roster, franchises etc. possible.

That being said, it is my strongest wish that carry over saves from MLB 21 the Show to MLB 22 the Show be made possible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

loungefly85 09-26-2021 03:07 PM

Re: Carry Over Saves

Thanks to the infection of DD and their little card packs into almost all aspects of the game, year to year saves will remain a thing of the past.

Karle 09-26-2021 03:33 PM

Hopefully not! Without carry over saves I may after 13 years skip next year.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Operation Sports mobile app

countryboy 09-26-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karle (Post 2050473005)
Hopefully not! Without carry over saves I may after 13 years skip next year.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Operation Sports mobile app

SDS is well aware of its popularity and the strong desire from the community for it to return.

I fully expect it to return either next year or ‘23.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

ninertravel 09-26-2021 06:27 PM

If o knew Carey over saves were in 2/ I’d buy 21 now to carry it over for next game

I’ll be buying 22 for sure Cleveland name change and time for a upgrade next year to ps5 version. unless they do a EA and continue to remove things and only focus on DD

I’m skipping this year completely otherwise. The delayed till April no import rosters and y2y saves had me skipping this year but as I said I’d get it now for the $70 special in the past store now if I knew I could carry over a save and rosters to 22.

Gagnon39 09-26-2021 11:15 PM

I'll keep playing MLB 20 until it comes back or until they make drastic improvements to franchise mode.

Juzbee 09-27-2021 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnon39 (Post 2050473347)
I'll keep playing MLB 20 until it comes back or until they make drastic improvements to franchise mode.

I agree. I'm very happy with MLB 20. I've been playing the same franchise since MLB 16, and it's going to take something HUGELY amazing to get me to give it up. I started playing The Show with the MLB 15 version, and 21 is the first one for me to skip. There's just no need to get it.

centuryson 09-28-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juzbee (Post 2050473411)
I agree. I'm very happy with MLB 20. I've been playing the same franchise since MLB 16, and it's going to take something HUGELY amazing to get me to give it up. I started playing The Show with the MLB 15 version, and 21 is the first one for me to skip. There's just no need to get it.

Juzbee,
I couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve bought every year since about 2013. 2021 is the first year I’ve skipped since. Unless they bring back Y2Y or do something truly amazing I’m sticking with MLB 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports