Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Last I Checked, The League is Shooting 37% on Wide Open 3s (/forums/showthread.php?t=995735)

MakaveliLPC 01-21-2022 05:50 PM

Last I Checked, The League is Shooting 37% on Wide Open 3s

A few weeks ago, while watching a Thinking Basketball YouTube video, he stated that the league average on WIDE Open 3's (closest defender 6+ FEET away) was around 37%.

This has always bothered me about 2K. How it seems open shots are automatic. And to compensate for that, it seems like contested shots are automatic misses.

I really wish 2K, like Madden would implement next gen stats into their game for shooting percentages, but JUST for the real player fg% setting, since you already know the players online would be in a frenzy if they ever missed a wide open shot, let alone consistently.

Also, hopefully someone on here can find the current stats on Wide open 3's league wide since I can only seem to find the player stats on it.

What are your guys' thoughts on this?

ksuttonjr76 01-21-2022 06:07 PM

Re: Last I Checked, The League is Shooting 37% on Wide Open 3s

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC (Post 2050536572)
A few weeks ago, while watching a Thinking Basketball YouTube video, he stated that the league average on WIDE Open 3's (closest defender 6+ FEET away) was around 37%.

This has always bothered me about 2K. How it seems open shots are automatic. And to compensate for that, it seems like contested shots are automatic misses.

I really wish 2K, like Madden would implement next gen stats into their game for shooting percentages, but JUST for the real player fg% setting, since you already know the players online would be in a frenzy if they ever missed a wide open shot, let alone consistently.

Also, hopefully someone on here can find the current stats on Wide open 3's league wide since I can only seem to find the player stats on it.

You're fighting an age old battle since the implementation of green releases and Steph Curry "broke" NBA videogames. This current crop of gamers can't handle realistic shooting percentages. Before I stopped playing NBA 2K, there was one weekend in MyTeam Limited where you couldn't use a player with a 3PT rating above 85. That was the most fun that I had in a while when it came to H2H action, because every open 3PT shot was a guaranteed make, and people had to put in actual EFFORT in creating the best shot possible or available. Most of the Reddit users that weekend? They felt that it was the worse week ever for the Limited Mode.

Even peeking into the MyPark and REC threads...a player is basically considered a "bum" if they're shooting less than 90%. That's a shame. Even though I stopped playing, NBA 2K22 was a solid game, but I just got tired of the playing against the meta across all modes. I would still give the slight edge to NBA 2K11 as the GOAT for me due to the shooting percentages, and luckily it was before the rise of social media impacting the direction of the game.

MakaveliLPC 01-21-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 (Post 2050536579)
You're fighting an age old battle since the implementation of green releases and Steph Curry "broke" NBA videogames. This current crop of gamers can't handle realistic shooting percentages. Before I stopped playing NBA 2K, there was one weekend in MyTeam Limited where you couldn't use a player with a 3PT rating above 85. That was the most fun that I had in a while when it came to H2H action, because every open 3PT shot was a guaranteed make, and people had to put in actual EFFORT in creating the best shot possible or available. Most of the Reddit users that weekend? They felt that it was the worse week ever for the Limited Mode.

Even peeking into the MyPark and REC threads...a player is basically considered a "bum" if they're shooting less than 90%. That's a shame. Even though I stopped playing, NBA 2K22 was a solid game, but I just got tired of the playing against the meta across all modes. I would still give the slight edge to NBA 2K11 as the GOAT for me due to the shooting percentages, and luckily it was before the rise of social media impacting the direction of the game.

Oh trust me dude i lost hope that the online crowd would ever accept anything close to realistic when it comes to shooting a long time ago. In fact I've never had any. I'm speaking more in terms of offline mynba user vs CPU games. I know asking any universal changes is a lost cause, just user vs CPU with real fg % turned on

AIRJ23 01-21-2022 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC (Post 2050536572)

Thank you. Now tell it to the online goofeballs who think if a wide open three doesn’t go in, it’s “inaccurate” because “nBA pLaYeRs aRe aLll gOoD aT tHrEeS.”

Do these people ever watch games? Of course not. Just highlights. It’s mostly brick city from afar, even from Curry lately. But in 2K a wide open three is guaranteed.

tru11 01-22-2022 05:46 AM

At this point ive come to terms that 2K is just an arcade game.

You are better off shooting from half court then try and take post fades or hook shots lol

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports

gu8lal8 01-22-2022 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC (Post 2050536588)
Oh trust me dude i lost hope that the online crowd would ever accept anything close to realistic when it comes to shooting a long time ago. In fact I've never had any. I'm speaking more in terms of offline mynba user vs CPU games. I know asking any universal changes is a lost cause, just user vs CPU with real fg % turned on

If you want CPU vs USER games with Real Player % for both:

Use default sliders with maxed out foul frequency sliders for CPU and USER. Max out FT Difficulty.

Change CPU Shot Timing Impact slider to 0.
It's a life changer, trust me.

It's the same as Real Player % for USER.

Controller settings:
Shot meter: OFF
Shot timing: Shots only
FT timing: Real FT %

MrWrestling3 01-22-2022 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 (Post 2050536579)

Yes,unfortunately modern 2K games have become less of a recreation of the sport and more an Arcade/Mobile hybrid game with an NBA license; it can be made fairly sim but it requires a bit of "reverse engineering" as it were, and only works offline.

The game as it comes out of the box is designed for casual basketball fans who watch some highlights and think that Giannis dunks it over 3 people every possession, Steph takes 6 shots from 40+ feet every game and makes them all, Harden makes every stepback three, any one with decent handles is doing 15 dribble moves per possession like it's streetball without ever getting tired, and so on.

Bahnzo 01-22-2022 08:01 PM

Very true, but I'd also add that BADGES are a big part of the reason why NBA2k is in the state it's in, especially when it comes to MyTeam.

Badges turn normal players into superstars and superstars into invincible Hall of Famers. And with the ability to add badges to players, it means they are all badged up to the max with every "good" badge possible. There's no post game because of this, and every game is now turned into a 5-Out stepback 3 mode.

I've returned to just playing franchise after a couple months of watching MyTeam become more and more unlike anything resembling the NBA. Which is too bad, because I enjoy the card collecting aspect. It's just gotten out of hand.