Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 22 Coming to Game Pass Day One (/forums/showthread.php?t=995916)

Steve_OS 01-31-2022 12:06 PM

MLB The Show 22 Coming to Game Pass Day One

The most exciting news to come out of the MLB The Show 22 announcements today has...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

IHateDuke32 01-31-2022 12:12 PM

Re: MLB The Show 22 launches day one with Xbox Game Pass on April 5

This will be my first year since I want to say 2006 on PS2 that I don’t buy MLB the Show. I’ll definitely download and play it day one on my Series X with Game Pass, which feels like a cheat code lol. But yea end of an era for me buying MLB, it’s been quite the run.

Sparkles 01-31-2022 12:14 PM

Wow… I honestly didn’t think they’d do that again.

But it kinda makes you think if it’ll be a minimal update compared to 21. I just feel like there’s gotta be a catch

IHateDuke32 01-31-2022 12:14 PM

I should note, I bought the Jackie Robinson edition for Series X and PS5 with 21. And I’m not trying to start any nonsense, but I preferred to play on Series X actually. The latency just feels so much better on Xbox when it comes to timing your swing and while using meter pitching.

IHateDuke32 01-31-2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkles (Post 2050541758)
Wow… I honestly didn’t think they’d do that again.

But it kinda makes you think if it’ll be a minimal update compared to 21. I just feel like there’s gotta be a catch

This really doesn’t have anything to do with the developer (Sony San Diego), but more the publisher which in this case is MLB. The goat Phil Spencer just goes right to MLB to get this game pass deal done, not Sony or San Diego studio. So with that said, I’d like to think this Game Pass deal has nothing to do with development.

Bondsfan 01-31-2022 12:21 PM

First year in ages I wont actually buy the show. Last year I couldnt get a series X in time to get the game on gamepass and bought it for PS5.

I wonder if gamepass eventually canabalized sales of the Show on PS (bc many have both consoles), if Sony will eventually just stop making the game?

IHateDuke32 01-31-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bondsfan (Post 2050541771)
First year in ages I wont actually buy the show. Last year I couldnt get a series X in time to get the game on gamepass and bought it for PS5.

I wonder if gamepass eventually canabalized sales of the Show on PS (bc many have both consoles), if Sony will eventually just stop making the game?

On the contrary, I want to say MLB 21 sold REALLY WELL even with it launching on Game Pass day one. I believe it was in the top 5 selling games on PlayStation in 2021. So Game Pass just made the game more popular if anything and it still sold very well.

Jeffrey Smith 01-31-2022 12:33 PM

So I received an Xbox s for Christmas so I’m new to game pass. Am I correct in assuming games don’t stay on game pass for an entire year? Is it possible 22 will only be available on game pass for a few months?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports