Home

Yearly subscriptions to MLB TV back in Apple TV

This is a discussion on Yearly subscriptions to MLB TV back in Apple TV within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2021, 12:38 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Yearly subscriptions to MLB TV back in Apple TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I ended up getting the annual subscription and to avoid the BS Gerry Harvey GST tax I put down a LA address didn't have to pay tax, and I ended up paying $174 Aus which was $129 US for the full season. so I am happy with that. that is 8 months of baseball including spring training.

I will have to use the firestick though because for some reason the MLBTV app is no longer there for play station in the PSstore really annoying and can't find a answer anywhere why it's been removed.

I get it now, did they accept an Aussie credit card? I didn’t know that was possible. I might try do it that way.

Regarding the MLB.TV app on PlayStation, had you downloaded it to PS4 before through a US PSN account? If so it should show up in your purchase history to redownload. There is no PS5 app yet to my knowledge, not even in the US store.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-27-2021, 01:10 AM   #18
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ted_is_back
I get it now, did they accept an Aussie credit card? I didn’t know that was possible. I might try do it that way.

Regarding the MLB.TV app on PlayStation, had you downloaded it to PS4 before through a US PSN account? If so it should show up in your purchase history to redownload. There is no PS5 app yet to my knowledge, not even in the US store.

yep it worked using a aussie credit card

I had the PS4 app before now it just says error and doesn't exist in the US store ANYWHERE so they killed PS support for MLBtv sadly it looks like that would run fast on my ps5
Old 03-01-2021, 11:53 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
yep it worked using a aussie credit card

I had the PS4 app before now it just says error and doesn't exist in the US store ANYWHERE so they killed PS support for MLBtv sadly it looks like that would run fast on my ps5

That’s so weird they’re still promoting it on the MLB website as an eligible device (PS4).

Also weird is that there doesn’t seem to be any way to access previous purchases that are no longer in the store. On PS3 there is a download list in the account section. I used it to redownload Tetris last week (EAs was the best version) which was removed from the store a few years ago.

No such opportunity on PS4 or PS5. Unless they still show in your library. Well, MLB TV doesn’t.

I’d check with MLB TV support, there’s probably some way to get it.

Thanks for the confirmation about the credit card. Your way definitely seems to be the way to go. The iTunes yearly sub has a ridiculous hidden cost added on. I’ll save $40 your way!

Old 03-03-2021, 06:30 PM   #20
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I got around it by going to the PS store website on my US account and went to past history. Ok so the App downloads installs and says 'can't work with PS5" so I can't watch it on the PS5 and I gave my ps4 away to family. the good thing about the app is I can skip innings and hide scores due to spoilers. not sure I can do that with a firestick. they need to make MLBTV app compatible for PS5 no idea why they havnt

Glad I could help with the cost for you!! for sure getting out moneys worth for 8 months this way! I am happy. and enjoying watching spring training games.

Last edited by ninertravel; 03-03-2021 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:48 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
I got around it by going to the PS store website on my US account and went to past history. Ok so the App downloads installs and says 'can't work with PS5" so I can't watch it on the PS5 and I gave my ps4 away to family. the good thing about the app is I can skip innings and hide scores due to spoilers. not sure I can do that with a firestick. they need to make MLBTV app compatible for PS5 no idea why they havnt

Glad I could help with the cost for you!! for sure getting out moneys worth for 8 months this way! I am happy. and enjoying watching spring training games.

Hey not sure if you’ve already subscribed this year or intending to, but it looks like through Apple TV there’s a six month ‘trial’ for $40.99 (AU) which would go through to early October if done today. It then would renew for the ridiculously priced $215 until next season.

Even if you pay the monthly fee for the rest of October it works out $135 less than the regular price.

I just happened upon it - possibly I wasn’t logged in at the time and when you confirm purchase it will say 2021 MLB TV yearly but it has been working for me up to this point… now that I think of it I hope it works past spring training! Will find out tomorrow I guess and request a refund if it doesn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2022, 01:42 AM   #22
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Thanks I got lucky this year with a friend in the US who unlockedT-Mobile for my MLB account to give me 1 year free subscription. it isn't restricting me at all either not being in the US which is surprising.

all I did was give her my account details and she put the info in and BOOM free sub for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »