Home

NASCAR Heat 2: One Final Look Before the Game Releases September 12

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat 2: One Final Look Before the Game Releases September 12 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR Heat 2: One Final Look Before the Game Releases September 12

We are about three weeks away from the release of NASCAR Heat 2, the follow up...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NASCAR Heat 2: One Final Look Before the Game Releases September 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
While physics and handling are incredibly important to any racing title, for many who choose to race offline, the AI is just as important.
Click here to view the article.
Nice write up. I look forward to further impressions.

I am cautiously optimistic about this year's version. I was an early adopter last year, but learned a lesson because the rubberband AI in career mode killed the game for me (offline career is all I am interested in).

If they include the ability to adequately adjust the A.I. in career mode, I'm in. I'm fine with their physics, I'm not picky about graphics, I don't need 20 different car paint schemes..... just give me a decently deep career mode and a non-cheesy AI that has no catch-up logic in it and I'll be happy.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 08-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm on board again this year. I too was an early adopter of last year's game and while I did end up getting my money's worth, it's obvious there were lots of areas that needed improvement. It looks as though they've updated this year's game beyond my expectations: much deeper Career Mode, all three top series, improved spotter audio, these are all steps in the right direction. And while it's probably not going to be a perfect NASCAR game (and never be will until they ditch Unity, which may not happen any time soon), they've done enough to get my purchase.

BTW, I'm already noticing some legacy issues such as static logos on the big screens, hopefully those can be addressed with a patch, or at least with NH3.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'd really like to know if the game plays differently than every video I have seen in which the human controlled car is able to simply pass all the AI cars within 3 to 8 laps and take the lead...Any word on that, gameplay video would be very nice. I too race offline, although if the full field online works well, would be interested in trying it...still offline career or season is most important to me.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:39 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Nice write up. I look forward to further impressions.

I am cautiously optimistic about this year's version. I was an early adopter last year, but learned a lesson because the rubberband AI in career mode killed the game for me (offline career is all I am interested in).

If they include the ability to adequately adjust the A.I. in career mode, I'm in. I'm fine with their physics, I'm not picky about graphics, I don't need 20 different car paint schemes..... just give me a decently deep career mode and a non-cheesy AI that has no catch-up logic in it and I'll be happy.
Bull's eye. Well said. My exact sentiments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg
I'd really like to know if the game plays differently than every video I have seen in which the human controlled car is able to simply pass all the AI cars within 3 to 8 laps and take the lead...Any word on that, gameplay video would be very nice. I too race offline, although if the full field online works well, would be interested in trying it...still offline career or season is most important to me.
Here is a little inside info on that - almost every video that has been put out, has been on lower level difficulty. Every time I have been to the offices to play, the level of difficulty has been the lowest. That hasn't bothered me, since I have been looking for other things - As soon as I have my copy(as stated in the article) I'll play it on the higher difficulty -
Old 08-25-2017, 05:11 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

We can only hope that they will continue to develop this into a true Nascar sim. I long for the days of Nascar Thunder 2004. Loved being able to hire individual crew members, and there was a definite disadvantage from a startup team vs established team in terms of horse power and aero package.
One thing I would like to see in the future is historical drivers. And from that you could recreate historical moments (79 Daytona 500, 2000 Talladega).
Old 08-25-2017, 07:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
bluengold34_OS - *Thank you for the feedback! *I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »