View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 06:59 PM   #33
allgames
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Post on G4 boards pumping ESPN

While I have indeed resigned from G4TechTV, i'm consulting on the sports programming. Monday I will go through the game in All Pro to check on the running game, kicking, passing etc.

The playbook comment is only in reference to the plays for doubling a position. Double X, Double Z, Double TE, Double Slot. Those seem to be pretty basic plays to be able to call. Im looking for someone to tell me they are in there.

I do think the play variety is nice although I wouldn't agree that they are MUCH better than madden.

The floating pass, yes it is when a lob pass is thrown but it doesn't look natural, you know what i'm talking about, it's the same floater that's been in there previously.

The QB Swivel is also annoying, again the same thing as in previous versions. The QB doesn't strafe, but swivels.

The game is just plain fun though and that's what has all of us at G4 so stoked.

Picking off tipped passes and wayward ones have been kind of easy with the black button. Again, still on Pro, I promise to spend more time with it on All Pro, Monday.

If you have specific questions I will do my best to get them answered.

We're supposed to get NCAA and Madden this coming week so hopefully I can compare.

As far as being a fanboy, i have played madden mostly over the past 2 years, but before that was diehard 2K fan on the dreamcast.

Nice community here, looking forward to reading others opinions as the games come out.