View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #3
Dark_Lord_Vader
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: OK Bored thought of some features for 2k6

In a way I hope so, and in a way I don't. The reason is, I remember NFL2k2 for the Xbox when it made it's debut. Though it was a noticable improvement from the Dreamcast, it was HIGHLY lacking in extras. My fear is that Sega does not have enough time to really explore the next-gen consoles as those consoles are being developed themselves. It may be better to have a team dedicated to NFL2k6 for the Xbox, and have an ongoing development staff working with Microsoft to develop for the Xbox Next.

This tactic would serve another purpose that would help us gamers. If the main reason why we buy a new console every 3 or 4 years is to play the best NFL game available, and Sega waits until 2006 to release NFL2k7, they will have had two full years to work on proper development for the game. Also, if Xbox Next comes out in 2005, you know it will be $300 or $400 new. If we have a good NFL2k6 to play with for 2005 on Xbox, we won't have to buy Xbox Next until it has been out for a year already. Which means that it is certain to cost only half of what it did when it premiered in 2005.

So, to wrap up:

1) We get an even better, more polished, feature-packed NFL2k premier on the new console.

2) We won't be in a hurry to get the new console when it comes out in 2005 because we will still have a kick-butt NFL2k6 on our current Xbox.

3) We will end up spending LESS money for the new console, because we would have waited until 2006 to get it for NFL2k7.