View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 01:29 PM   #9
baa7
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Plays do matter... big time

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa55
There are some plays where if you look closely the RB looks to block first and then runs his route.
So THAT”S what that little white line above the green circle with the red letter “A” means… maybe I should just go hide somewhere.

I did complete some passes using Doubles, 50 H Wheel, once the HB got around the corner and hit the spot the QB was throwing to. So that play works as well… sort of. It works if the HB happens to be in the “spot” the QB is programmed to throw it to. My question is this: Why would the game be programmed to have the QB throw to a “spot” rather than where the receiver “is”? Again, that’s what’s happening with this play and others I’ve come across. Does that make sense? Is it realistic? If a QB looks and sees his HB, who is like 8 yards away, isn’t way over there at that “spot” upfield, why would the QB still throw to that “spot”? Why wouldn’t he adjust and simply throw to where the HB “is” at the time? Some of these "throw to the spot" throws are off by 8 yards. As Robert Plant once sang: I don't think that's right!

I think that’s very odd, but maybe it isn’t. Anyway, I’ll just remove the play from my playbook and find some that make sense to me.