View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 08:36 PM   #11
baa7
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Plays do matter... big time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medway
Sounds like the same reason why a lob to an RB in the flats goes way past them. I notice it goes to the same spot each time regardless of where the RB is. Funny though that a bullet pass reaches the RB most of the time.

I've noticed a similar problem when a reciever is supposed to run a route down the field and then cut 90 degrees to the left or right (either to the outside or inside). If for some reason they deviate from this (get caught up in a defender) the QB still throws to where the reciever would have been if he had made the cut.

Now in real life a QB is going to expect to throw the ball where the play was designed. But at the same time if something happens to the route the reciever is running a real QB can compensate. Seems like the AI here can't always do that.
That screen to the flat appears to overshoot the mark because it actually can’t be thrown any shorter, and has to travel 12-15 yards minimum.

I’ve seen that one with the receiver downfield many times. But at least the WR leaps for the ball and it sort of looks like an overthrow. Maybe it’s too much to expect the programming to know to adjust the throw – I just don’t get why they’d have to program the game that way in the first place. I don’t remember 2K4 being that way. Maybe it was?!
Advertisements - Register to remove