Old 03-16-2005, 04:22 PM   #383
koebner
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
I'm not claiming to be an expert nor do I have these rosters, I was kindly pointing out that there are multiple posts where people claim that crazy things are happening with these rosters, which comes directly from people that haven't a clue what they are doing messing with ratings.

I also just find it hilarious that this guy justified messing with the minors ratings, but claimed NO EXISTING PLAYERS HAVE BEEN TOUCHED and now it appears that's not the case. It also appears that like our little friend Gomer from last year, these guys are fooling with pitch movements, adding and changing pitcher's arsenals, and who knows whatever else they are fooling with. My point from two weeks ago was that once people start messing with MVPEDIT for the pc, it's just too easy to go in and start messing with stuff. I'm sure they THINK they are improving the game, but I don't think they have a clue the strangeness that messing with stuff causes.

I'm still looking for a good set of rosters where NO RATINGS have been messed with...does such a thing exist?
At this point the "Online Base Roster" with the 100 prospects named is the best un-edited roster out.Remember,too,that EA will be doing updates like Madden.I'm probably gonna do my own minor leaguers because the PC edited stuff is already circling the drain...gotta love the Korean Barry Bonds.By the time Opening Day hits those rosters will be so badly screwed they'll be unplayable,like last years Gomer/Kerm stuff or the Total Minors stuff.

What people don't realize is that the game(at least the console versions) was simply not designed for the amount of changes implemented via the editor.Anyone who used the later versions of either of the above roster sets can attest to how out of whack the game played with entire teams of guys with 99 contact ratings and pitchers with 45 mph curveballs.