View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 10:47 PM   #488
dano
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasman
I like these sliders a lot, though I've made a few tweaks to taste over time. The thing I'm up against now is the CPU hitting, they just don't seem to pose much of a threat, at least not with any regularity. Anyone else having similar issues? Right now I have the CPU settings as follows: Power: 2, Contact: 10...and it's still got to go up....my standard rule of thumb when testing changes is to go one complete time through the rotation. I figure every 5 games with different pitchers it should be enough of a gauge of what to expect over the long haul. Any thoughts on this?
what is your pitch meter at? I use contact of 12 and power 0 and gave up homeruns to willie bloomquest and some other SS/2b with no power. I liked this because i made a mistake pitch in the red. With these settings mistake pitches will kill you. Unless, your pitcher is on a roll. I have found that pitchers can do no wrong when they get in a groove. if you throw a mistake pich down the pipe to a power hitter it will be a line drive to the 3rd base. sort of cool i think.