View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 04:30 AM   #548
DustyAceAlright
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasman
Yes, I haven't had any problems with that at all. As a matter of fact, what the sliders have done is increase offline throws and enable me to mainly only nail a runner with an OFer with a strong arm. At default I was nailing guys right and left. Also, I have no problems turning DP's in the infield with these settings. All it basically does is give a better advantage to a faster runner, which is what I want to happen. I should not be able to throw a runner out at home who's trying to score from 2nd on a single unless the ball put in play is a bullet, and that's pretty much how it's playing out. If it's a "regular" single, they score way more often than not, and sometimes when I think I've got the guy, the throw will send the catcher up the line and let the runner sneak in when I thought I had him dead to rights. Let me know how it goes for you.
Hey Wawasman, so far so good. Me and the CPU are getting a good variety of hits now..seeing some more doubles and a few triples mixed in there. Very nice so far. Though I feel the throwing speed and/or accuracy might have to be lowered just a bit more. Still nailed two guys at the plate in one game with Jason Werth. Possibly the CPU is running a bit to aggressively but the more I think about it, there were two outs and a runner on second. I think just a bit lower on one of the catagories and everything will be dead on. But once again, I think these tweaks make for a great variety of hits..thanks!