View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 06:38 AM   #562
wawasman
P*ng

OVR: 10
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
Any suggestions on how to strike more guys out, and cut down on the homers?
One thing that's made a considerable difference for me, which is uite possibly painfully obvious to everyone else, is to make sure and feature, predominantly, your pitchers best pitch. Some starters only have a plus fastball and a couple other only average pitches. When you have one of those guys on the hill, your best bet is to throw tons and tons of fastballs, changing the location and even the amount of the meter you fill to try and keep them from timing the pitch. As for HR's, the lions share that I give up come from missing the pitch meter, but when I can manage to stay consistent and hit the meter, the HR's are vastly less frequent. For strikeout pitches, the 2 best I've found so far (provided your pitcher can actually throw a decent one) are a 2-seamer that rides hard inside (either on the black or inside out of the strike zone) and a changeup to either the top or bottom outside edge of the strike zone. If your pitcher has a poorly rated changeup, they tend to rock that one, however, so be aware of that. I'd say, overall, I'm probably at about a K per inning. I'll rack up 8-10 w/ Pedro one start, then only 2-3 another start, it varies considerably depending on "stuff" I imagine.