View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 06:48 PM   #222
ifiok25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

At first when the Yankees are struggling I was like "well just give it some time they'll start to play better", now I'm like "the Yankees are in trouble". The biggest problem with this team is the pitching staff. This has to be one of the worst pitching staffs in terms of ERA and opponent batting average in the majors. George Steinbrenter (sp.) brings in all of these high priced free agents and what do they do? Nothing. Randy Johnson hasn't played at his highest level yet. Will Kevin Brown ever stay healthy? The bullpen hasn't done anything yet this season. You would think Mr. Automatic Mariano Rivera would close out more games but he hasn't.

Now to the offense. The offense in my opinion has been inconsistent. One game they'll bust the game open with over 10 runs and then the next game they can't hit, they won't be able to bring runners in scoring position to home plate. Yes at time they score enough runs to win the game, but the pitching keeps them from winning. If the pitching were better they would have more wins than they have right now. They keep trying new things with the lineup all the time and it's not working. Joe Torre is an experienced manager and he needs to do something to get this team excited about playing baseball. And because of all of this losing, they are not having fun playing the games. There's no intensity, and no sense of urgency.The $200 million dollar team is going to have a ton of work to do if they want get out of the cellar of the AL East.

Last edited by ifiok25; 05-06-2005 at 06:50 PM.