Old 07-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #377
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
You and me both. Now Damon is calling for Timlin or Arroyo to be the new closer, saying Schil isn't ready and Tito is dogging the guys in the pen that were "bypassed" in the decision. My opinion of all this...there's a lot of guys in contract years and with players taking sides like this, it can't be good for the chemistry of this club. He then went on to back Millar and Bellhorn.
I read that. Pretty dumb comments by Damon. First, Arroyo said he preferred to stay in the rotation. Second, Schilling is not the closer at this point. Timlin will be the closer for the time being while Schilling will be in the bullpen. If Timlin does well, I can't see them taking him out of that role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
In a move that excites me, Manny Delcarmen was promoted to Pawtucket and pitched 2 innings of scoreless relief in his debut at McCoy. Great to see him bouncing back from arm surgery and getting closer to the show.
I like Delcarmen as well. Gammons said on WEEI last week that he could be the next Francisco Rodriguez in terms of jumping up to the majors and succeeding. I think that is pretty optimistic, but he could be a solid contributer in the future.