Thread: CPU Passing AI
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #7
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: CPU Passing AI

You are absolutely right about the CPU QBs. Its really turned the game into a snoozer for me. I have human coverage at 0 with CPU passing at 40 and they are still terrible. I've tried editing read coverage up and down as well as maxing QBs fatigue as one poster said that helped. I didn't see any significant difference with anything I tried. One thing that does help a little is to increase everybody's arm strength so the ball gets there faster instead of letting 3 guys gets shots at interceptions.

The real reason behind the problem is that the old 2K games never had the QB throw deep. They re-wrote the logic so the CPU does go deep in 2K5 but their decision making is awful.

If you ever just have the CPU play each other (not simulate, actually match them up) and throw Peyton Manning out there against Brett Favre (with two average to bad defenses) and they will complete less than half of their passes and throw multiple picks every game. If anybody thinks they have fixed this problem I would love to read their fix and have them run a few CPU games to see how they react and what the results are. 99% of the time its not pretty.