Old 07-21-2005, 03:10 PM   #585
CWood2
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
The latest I heard is that the 3-way trade could include Millar going to Minnesota as well. I'm not sure why they think Millar and Mueller will solve their offensive struggles but that's their problem.
I know, seriously...please, take them! They'll be gone by next year anyway, the fact that they could have value and yield that package is amazing.

Quote:
I think the holdup in this is the Red Sox reluctance to take Lowell and that Florida wants Lohse, not Mays. However, it's been rumored that negotiations are now taking place on the ownership level between Henry and Loria, who have a good relationship.
Great news regarding the owners coming together.

Quote:
If the Red Sox can get Burnett, Lowell and Romero for Millar, Mueller and Arroyo, I think that's a deal you have to make.
Agreed. My only questions are 1. How much do they pay towards Lowell (who I think could be a pleasant surprise here in Boston) and 2. Who are the players included in the "and prospects" part of the deal as it was worded on ESPN Insider? As of now, this sounds like a STEAL in my book, and I've been hesitant to accept Lowell's contract.

I'll be anxious to see how this proceeds.
Advertisements - Register to remove