Old 07-29-2005, 10:59 PM   #728
Beantown
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
The reality is that at this time of year, anything said by anybody is taken seriously, when that normally would not be the case. We don't exactly know where these rumors are originating from. It sounds like the D-Rays would be making out like bandits in this trade from a prospect perspective. Is it impossible that they are the source of this leaked rumor? Perhaps. We have no way of knowing of course.

As a Red Sox fan, I'm really not that worried. I honestly feel that the Epstein Administration will not let us down. I trust they know what they're doing here, and if they feel that moving Manny in this particular deal suits the team best for this year and into the future, then I'm all for it.

On paper it doesn't seem this way, but I could be convinced it could, knowing that Cameron is in the Andruw Jones class of outfielders (defensively), and who knows what the deal is with Trot Nixon.

At this hour though, I take the rumor for what I think it truly is: a leaked version of what the Devil Rays would hope to attain.

I bet that by the time 4 PM strikes Sunday, the Red Sox will probably go ahead and do something that most of us weren't even aware of. This is usually their M.O.

It was actually reported by all three teams, but the deal has reportedly "hit a roadblock" because Theo realized we were getting ripped off and asked the mets for a "key Player" and the mets said no thank you and broke off talks