Old 08-10-2005, 10:36 PM   #792
GBrushTWood
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I'm not saying Renteria is crap, just that I understand where the average fan is coming from. They see the Red Sox and only the Red Sox and thought Renteria was an upgrade over Cabrera (which he is). Cabrera has a bit of a hallowed image with the average fan in Boston which is why Edgar is held to a high standard. I'm just hoping he sures up his defense for the stretch run. As it stands, when he goes to the backhand I cringe a little. And I agree about the Millar thing.
Anybody who thinks in this manner, then proceeds to voice displeasure based on this thinking, and claim to be justified in their actions (I'm not pointing the finger at you here, just fans in general mind you) honestly has their head shoved very far up their ***. This is the same type of person who whines about why we signed Jay Payton and let Dave Roberts sign with the Padres.

I've heard the argument from ***-clowns about how they should have re-signed Cabrera, claiming he's better than Renteria, even though Renteria is far superior in almost every offensive category in 2005. I don't consider Renteria as some kind of deity, nobody with an AAV on their contract of $10M should hit mediocre vs RHP IMO, but he's certainly far from a poor or even mediocre player at SS.