GBrushTWood
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Exactly. I am forever appreciative of his clutch hits last year, and any WS member of the team who broke the curse will be seen differently as any other player by Sox fans, but does that give him an excuse to be garbage? NO! See : New York Yankees. Bernie Williams is sucking now, and despite being a CORNERSTONE of their dynasty, they are not picking up his contract, and he isnt sucking enough as Bellhorn even. You notice other WS members form this team dont get racked on, Damon, V-Tek, Mueller, Ortiz....but hey, thats cuz they produce in the now. If the kid who complained about giving Bellhorn heat had his way, we'd see Fisk behind the plate, Boggs at 3rd, and Ted Williams head floating around in left.
We've learned 3 things since I last posted in this thread.

1. Add one obsessed fan to the mix and a thread can quickly go to hell.

2. People who responded to my earlier post clearly have little reading comprehension skills, or , inexplicably, are trying to prove a point that I don't disagree on.

3. These same people enjoy building up a strawman to beatdown.

I never suggested that I want Bellhorn back at 2B. In fact, I stated that it would be absurd to play Bellhorn right now over Graffanino (even though Graffanino is likely not truly as good as he is playing right now, hot streaks happen). Let me reiterate myself for those slow ones: me no say Bellhorn better than Graffanino.

How my earlier post correlates into me desiring an infield of Fisk, Boggs, and Ted Williams is beyond any form of understanding to me.

I merely mentioned that the pitchfork wielding disgruntled masses (the same that literally wanted to bludgeon BK Kim) got what they asked for, which is a sad statement about the influence that fans have over a player. I think it's likely that the constant harrassment, booing, and general hatred for Bellhorn strongly contributed to his downfall this year, though I have no way of proving it. He has even said how the hatred from his home fans genuinely got to him.

If I'm Bellhorn, I'm thinking to myself "Damn, I hit 2 of the most important home runs in the team's history, that should be enough to prove myself to these people that I can play and contribute". Clearly, it wasn't, as the fans were literally on him from day one this year. In fact, I've read reports that even on road games while with AAA Pawtucket, these sickening members of "Red Sox Nation" lustily booed Bellhorn. The man deserved better than this treatment.
Advertisements - Register to remove