Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #969
G-M*nnnn
 
deeman11747's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,194
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Yankees fans are sounding alot like Cowboys fans these days
Not really... I'm just in a bad mood today and I feel like coming in and enjoying the loss.

Nothing but some clean fun.
__________________

deeman11747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #970
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Asheville, NC
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Wakefield vs Colon
Clement vs Lackey
Arroyo vs Santana
Papelbon vs ?
Hopefully we can jump on Lackey and get into that bullpen early to tire them out some for the series
__________________
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Thrasha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:11 PM   #971
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Asheville, NC
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Not really... I'm just in a bad mood today and I feel like coming in and enjoying the loss.

Nothing but some clean fun.

lol yeah i know, i'm just riding along with it
__________________
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Thrasha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 05:11 PM   #972
G-M*nnnn
 
deeman11747's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,194
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Wakefield vs Colon
Clement vs Lackey
Arroyo vs Santana
Papelbon vs ?
You should win 2 & 3 but Colon is tough if he keeps the bullpen off the field and is Papelbon going against Washburn maybe?

Edit: Or Paul Byrd maybe? Neither of those guys are too tough.
__________________

deeman11747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #973
Stu
All Star
 
Stu's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,927
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Hopefully we can jump on Lackey and get into that bullpen early to tire them out some for the series
We missed Lackey in the previous series this year, but as a team hit him very well. Manny has 4 HR's against him in 11 career at bats.

Colon allowed 5 runs in a 13-6 Red Sox win the only time we faced him this year.
__________________
Sim Gaming Network
Stu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #974
G-M*nnnn
 
deeman11747's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,194
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
We missed Lackey in the previous series this year, but as a team hit him very well. Manny has 4 HR's against him in 11 career at bats.

Colon allowed 5 runs in a 13-6 Red Sox win the only time we faced him this year.
Can anyone tell me how he is Top 3 in K's this year? Lackey's stuff isnt that great. When I saw him at the Stadium... he was getting all of his outs from his defense and just letting us put the ball in play.
__________________

deeman11747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:00 PM   #975
Banned
 
GBrushTWood's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Exactly. I am forever appreciative of his clutch hits last year, and any WS member of the team who broke the curse will be seen differently as any other player by Sox fans, but does that give him an excuse to be garbage? NO! See : New York Yankees. Bernie Williams is sucking now, and despite being a CORNERSTONE of their dynasty, they are not picking up his contract, and he isnt sucking enough as Bellhorn even. You notice other WS members form this team dont get racked on, Damon, V-Tek, Mueller, Ortiz....but hey, thats cuz they produce in the now. If the kid who complained about giving Bellhorn heat had his way, we'd see Fisk behind the plate, Boggs at 3rd, and Ted Williams head floating around in left.
We've learned 3 things since I last posted in this thread.

1. Add one obsessed fan to the mix and a thread can quickly go to hell.

2. People who responded to my earlier post clearly have little reading comprehension skills, or , inexplicably, are trying to prove a point that I don't disagree on.

3. These same people enjoy building up a strawman to beatdown.

I never suggested that I want Bellhorn back at 2B. In fact, I stated that it would be absurd to play Bellhorn right now over Graffanino (even though Graffanino is likely not truly as good as he is playing right now, hot streaks happen). Let me reiterate myself for those slow ones: me no say Bellhorn better than Graffanino.

How my earlier post correlates into me desiring an infield of Fisk, Boggs, and Ted Williams is beyond any form of understanding to me.

I merely mentioned that the pitchfork wielding disgruntled masses (the same that literally wanted to bludgeon BK Kim) got what they asked for, which is a sad statement about the influence that fans have over a player. I think it's likely that the constant harrassment, booing, and general hatred for Bellhorn strongly contributed to his downfall this year, though I have no way of proving it. He has even said how the hatred from his home fans genuinely got to him.

If I'm Bellhorn, I'm thinking to myself "Damn, I hit 2 of the most important home runs in the team's history, that should be enough to prove myself to these people that I can play and contribute". Clearly, it wasn't, as the fans were literally on him from day one this year. In fact, I've read reports that even on road games while with AAA Pawtucket, these sickening members of "Red Sox Nation" lustily booed Bellhorn. The man deserved better than this treatment.
GBrushTWood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 08:16 PM   #976
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jan 2004
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
I merely mentioned that the pitchfork wielding disgruntled masses (the same that literally wanted to bludgeon BK Kim) got what they asked for, which is a sad statement about the influence that fans have over a player. I think it's likely that the constant harrassment, booing, and general hatred for Bellhorn strongly contributed to his downfall this year, though I have no way of proving it. He has even said how the hatred from his home fans genuinely got to him.

If I'm Bellhorn, I'm thinking to myself "Damn, I hit 2 of the most important home runs in the team's history, that should be enough to prove myself to these people that I can play and contribute". Clearly, it wasn't, as the fans were literally on him from day one this year. In fact, I've read reports that even on road games while with AAA Pawtucket, these sickening members of "Red Sox Nation" lustily booed Bellhorn. The man deserved better than this treatment.
Unfortunately, Keith Foulke was also a victim to this. Hell, we even booed Manny. But hey, everyone wants to play in Boston, I mean, we are the best fans ever, right?
DuffysCliff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Top -