Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #977
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffysCliff
Unfortunately, Keith Foulke was also a victim to this. Hell, we even booed Manny. But hey, everyone wants to play in Boston, I mean, we are the best fans ever, right?
Yep, they're the greatest. Not only did they (I refuse to group myself in with these demented people) boo Manny, they cheered him more than ever a mere 2 days later! Now, THAT is f'ed up. Nobody will turn on you quicker than a Boston crowd, nobody. Boston fans might be the biggest front runners along with the most surly I have ever witnessed.
How common is it to see people relishing and literally taking delight in Nomar Garciaparra's injury situtation and recent struggles? I see it all the time and it's really pathetic. The guy was literally worshipped, yet his name is pissed on all the time. We should really be remembering all the good stuff that players like Garciaparra and Martinez brought to the franchise.

Instead, people can't accept the fact that a player would ever not want to play in Boston (even for financial reasons), and hate them for it.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:11 PM   #978
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
We've learned 3 things since I last posted in this thread.

1. Add one obsessed fan to the mix and a thread can quickly go to hell.

2. People who responded to my earlier post clearly have little reading comprehension skills, or , inexplicably, are trying to prove a point that I don't disagree on.

3. These same people enjoy building up a strawman to beatdown.

Enough with the holier than thou attitude. Your original post was in response to VTek simply expressing happiness that Bellhorn is no longer part of the mix. You're the one who chose to twist that into a crusade against fans who choose to boo the Bellhorns of the world. I respect your opinion on the Red Sox but your condescending posts are tiresome.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #979
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

It's not exactly a crusade, it's an observation I began to notice a couple months ago. Given the nature of this thread in the last day ("DAMN! He almost got that pitch"), I'd say it's as relevant as anything else posted on August 17th.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:00 PM   #980
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sounds more and more like our stud, Mr. Hansen, will be in the majors sooner rather the later and as early as next week in Kansas City.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:02 PM   #981
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTek33
Sounds more and more like our stud, Mr. Hansen, will be in the majors sooner rather the later and as early as next week in Kansas City.
Yah. I figured he'd be up Sept. 1st regardless. Should be interesting to see how they get all these guys work down the stretch. You would hope that one of Hansen, Delcarmen and Papelbon could make a significant impact on our pen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 10:16 PM   #982
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Yah. I figured he'd be up Sept. 1st regardless. Should be interesting to see how they get all these guys work down the stretch. You would hope that one of Hansen, Delcarmen and Papelbon could make a significant impact on our pen.
I'm sure they will.

Once everyone comes back I'd hope to see the team fold out like this:

SP: Schilling
SP: Clement
SP: Wells
SP: Arroyo
SP: Wakefield
LR: Gonzalez
RP: Hansen
RP: Timlin
RP: Myers
RP: Bradford
CL: Foulke
(No Miller and I think Hansen would be a better choice than Papelbon as of right now)

C: Varitek
1B: Olerud
2B: Graffanino
3B: Mueller
SS: Renteria
LF: Ramirez
CF: Damon
RF: Nixon
DH: Ortiz

Bench:
3B: Youkilis
1B: Millar
OF: Kapler
C: Mirabelli
2B: Cora

But that's just my wishful thinking.

Last edited by VTek33; 08-17-2005 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:19 PM   #983
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
With the way Schilling is pitching, Hansen probably becomes our second best pitcher in the bullpen behind Timlin and the legitimate strikeout pitcher we need out of the pen to get us out of jams. He should be exciting, though I doubt he'll be as good as K-Rod was for the Angels back in 2002.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:23 PM   #984
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffysCliff
With the way Schilling is pitching, Hansen probably becomes our second best pitcher in the bullpen behind Timlin and the legitimate strikeout pitcher we need out of the pen to get us out of jams. He should be exciting, though I doubt he'll be as good as K-Rod was for the Angels back in 2002.
Hansen has most been compared to Brad Lidge. A high 90's fastball with a disgusting slider.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »