Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Rotation should be (in no order):
Johnson
Mussina
Chacon
Wang
Small/Pavano/Wright

Unfortunately, if all 3 of the remaining guys are on the team, Small will probably have no shot to earn the starting spot, due to the contracts. Not that he's anywhere near a sure thing to be a quality pitcher again, but I'd hope he gets a shot. We're probably in our best shape as far as starting rotation goes in 2 years. Might not even bring anyone in, especially since the starting pitcher FA pool is weak. No way they sign Burnett, they've had enough problems bringing over national league guys who only had a couple good years.

Bullpen needs some work. I think we'll make a strong run at Ryan, but who know's if he'd be willing to take a set up role. We'll probably bring back Gordon, but he struggled at times this year, and I have no confidence in him in the playoffs or against Boston. A lot of work needs to be done here.

I think Matsui will be back, and I'd be for it as long as it's no longer than a 3 or 4 year deal. I wouldn't mind Bernie back as a part time player, but I hope he decides to retire. I don't think we'll make a strong run at Damon. No idea who will be in centerfield, but I don't think it will be a big name guy. I'd look into dealing Sheffield if I could. I don't know if there's much of a market for him, but we need to get younger and more balanced offensively. I wouldn't give him away, but if we can bring in some decent bullpen help, and/or young outfielders/pitching, I'd do it. Cano, Jeter, A-Rod and Giambi will all be back. Tino most likely won't be. His bat is so bad now that we can't afford to play him. I don't think Posada is really tradeable, but I do think the Yankees might try and start grooming someone to replace him. His defense is poor, and his numbers have been declining the last 2 years.

Cashman will be gone. I think the Yankees want him back, but he's made it obvious that he's done, and is tired of all the politics in this organization. I don't blame him. Hopefully they give Gene Micheal a big role in the decision making, but that's doubtful. The new GM will probably be one of the Steinbrenner asskissers down in Tampa, who are responsible for quality signings like Wright and Tony Womack.

Lastly, I expect Torre back, but it wouldn't completely shock me if he quit, even with all the money he is still owed. Just the way he's been acting, and some of the things he's said this year, make me think he might be planning on hanging it up. Hope I'm wrong, because without him this team wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs this year.

Going to be an interesting offseason. Outside of BJ Ryan I don't see us trying to make any HUGE moves, but there will be tweaks. Hopefully the new GM can find a way to get some younger talent in here and some role players.
I was hearing rumors of them trying to get rid of Pavano but I dont think anyone would want him.

I think they'll bring Gordon back but I heard that Ryan has said he'd accept a set-up role if it was for a great closer and it gave him a chance to win. Plus Mo has only about 3-4 years left so Ryan could take over for 2 or 3 years after Rivera was done if we signed him.

Yeah.. Cashman wont be back and one of Steinbrenner's b**ches will probably take over and run our team into the ground.

I dont see them trading Sheff and not resigning Matsui would be a huge mistake. He's a classy guy and player and brings respect to the team who makes it easy to have diesprespect for them by other teams. I think Bernie will accept a backup role for one more year.. and I think Tino will stay on but Sierra will not.

Torre was mostly sick of Steinbrenner's guys telling YES to make Kim Jones awkward questions to him to make him and the team to look bad as he has privately said to many people.... but I think he can deal with it as hes said he really loves the guys he has on the team and they love playing for him.

Should be an interesting offseason.