Old 10-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #24
m00d
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Sliders for HFA OFF players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfan26
Yeah these are great have been using them thus far in my Minnesota dynasty and guess what I'm 5-1...just like in real life. Had one of the greatest games I've ever played on NCAA when I played Purdue. Got behind rather quickly but finally got it going and came within 9. Got down the field and scored on 4th and goal on a play action pass. Then kicked the on-side kick and actually recovered (first time ever on '06)! Then marched about 30 yds downfield, with around 1:20 to go, and kick the game winning field goal (42 yds). I won 36-35 over purdue it was awesome. I know it wasn't double overtime like in real life, but man was it close. Then just recently played Penn State (4-0) beat me 22-17. Which in real life Penn State was the only team that beat Minnesota. And next week I got Michigan, so lets hope it stays like real life .

The only thing I don't like about these is that counter run plays and basically most running plays result in a loss. Like my line can't even hold blocks for even a second. But then I do end up with around 120-140 yds rushing with Maroney, so I don't want to really change anything there. I am also getting a mad pass rush, usually resulting in 4 sacks a game. So I may raise Hum Pass Block. But other than that I'm telling you that these are PERFECT! I mean the running game takes awhile to get used to, but after that you get some great games! Thanks again m00d!
Recovered a onside then drove to score the winning FG! Oh man that must have been sweet. I've recovered a onside
online once but have yet to get one against the cpu. What a game you had there.
One thing thats helps my running game a bit is to use the FB up the gut.
I'll come out in the triple option and give to the FB up the middle a few times. It
'seems' to me the Cpu will then begin to pinch the line on me opening up
the counters and outside runs a bit. You may already do this just thought I'd
mention it. Good luck against Michigan!