View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #1783
CWood2
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

I met the guy at a small business breakfast and he's very, very intelligent. He understands the core of a great baseball park experience and can really drive revenue by making things fan friendly. He even brought memorabilia for the Q&A session which was pretty cool. BUT... his success in that area should not translate into influence with player and personnel decisions. Sure he's had success in what he does, but much like his counterparts, they're all about the fans because we sell out the park every home game and actually pay money to join a made up Nation....please tell me none of my OS counterparts have that stupid card in their wallet!!

Anyway, once you've heard a guy's negotiating skills have driven people away time and time again, I think it's probably more true than false only because his reputation proceeds him. If we don't solve his role problem, it might not matter if we get Theo back if Larry and Co. try to handcuff their GM by pulling rank. Revamping the farm system from laughable status was more important than putting ads on the monster...