Old 07-26-2007, 09:18 AM   #35
Vast
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I think its time for a divorce from EA football

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I see where you are going and appreciate the comment.

But, this is not a matter of bashing EA. Let's face it, every single one of us has played the heck out of an EA game or two. I personally loved Madden for many years, just not the last 3. I also loved last years College Baseball game (not this years). And, I have enjoyed most of the College Football games and a version or 2 of NBA Live.

What is happening here is that it is impossible to talk about APF without a comparitive product. The natural products for comparison will be NCAA08 and Madden. You can't get around that.

On the other hand, when you talk about NCAA08 or Madden you can simply compare it to previous versions of themselves. You may, but don't have to, compare it to APF.

Now, as for bringing up other games in one particular forum? How could anyone object to that. We are all more alike than we think. Don't we all want to derive the most fun out of the dollars we spend? True, different things are more appealing to different gamers, but surely we can ALL agree we just want the best getaway our money can buy.

That being said, we should always talk about games in comparison to each other. That helps some actually make buying decisions. That helps companies get a pulse on what the consumer wants as well.

No harm has to come from comparing and contrasting games. It's the HANDFUL of jerks who take personal offense (as if they made the game itself) when games are compared who prompt us to fear comparing games.

Well, there are too many mature, reasonable, smart, and thoughtful people on these boards to let the handful prevent us from having healthy discussion.

A person does not have to bash EA or 2K or Konami or any game maker. They only need to discuss gameplay elements and why they do or don't prefer them.

That would be most helpful and avoid these childish: "My game is better than your game" mentality.

We're supposed to all be on the same side as consumers.
Great post. EA sucks. Just kidding.