Old 07-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #37
slthree
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: I think its time for a divorce from EA football

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
I completely understand what you are saying and I wish everyone had the mindset that you have.

But you've been on OS since '03. Me, I've been on OS since '02 (despite what it says in my profile). As you know, all it takes is for a couple of posters to go "fanboy" and the thread is tainted. There are too many people that take on a game so personally, it's scary. I don't understand it and I'm sure you don't, either. So being on OS this long, and me personally being buddies with some of the mods over the years, a thread like this automatically sends up a red flag.

Unfortunate? You bet. I wish it wasn't that way and it sucks.
i agree with you.

The title of the thread is provocative and does appear to invite EA defenders. But, the thread itself is good because it allows for both EA and 2K to "hear" from us. That's a free focus group for them.

I'll tell you what I'd love to see: a thread started by, stickied by, and closely monitored, by a moderator which has nothing but direct comparisons/contrasts of the 2 games as it relates to the various elements.

Maybe they could even subdivide the thread into various categories so we could really discuss the differences.

Any inflammatory remarks could be stricken immediately since it would be closely monitored. I'm sure there are many of us who would help monitor it if the mods are too busy.

This one thread of comparison would keep us from having to bounce all over the place as we do know.

Just about everyone wants to know how the blocking compares, how the DB's play, how weight affects the tackling system, how many yards can you back up before a throw is inneffective, how are punt returns handled, and a myriad of other things.