View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #38
TombSong
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: I think its time for a divorce from EA football

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
I completely understand what you are saying and I wish everyone had the mindset that you have.

But you've been on OS since '03. Me, I've been on OS since '02 (despite what it says in my profile). As you know, all it takes is for a couple of posters to go "fanboy" and the thread is tainted. There are too many people that take on a game so personally, it's scary. I don't understand it and I'm sure you don't, either. So being on OS this long, and me personally being buddies with some of the mods over the years, a thread like this automatically sends up a red flag.

Unfortunate? You bet. I wish it wasn't that way and it sucks.
What makes a poster a fanboy ? Because you dont agree with what the poster says ? Also why do people have to conform to your "mindset" ? On one hand people like you will say people should be able to talk about the game without bringing up the other, but be the same ones who scream "fanboy" whenever someone says more than 5 positive things about whatever you dont agree with. We should be able to say what we are thinking. You can critique what is said. Why do people have to post the way YOU think they should post ?

There are people posting here who have nothing but negative things to say about the game, but I dont see you or the mods singling them out and asking them why and calling them fanboys. When people respond to them, then thats when the mods jump in and attack the response as "fanboyism" LOL

If its a issue they agree on though they let it go.(and not all the mods are like that)

With these games people like what they like and hate what they hate. We make comparisons as points of reference. If it stings your soul to hear a negative thing about a game you like, dont read the forums.

PS AP2K8 is the best playing football game ever made. You dont have to agree.