View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #53
spankdatazz22
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
As far as which is better this year, there are plenty of unbiased opinions who have Madden 08 now, such as Sully, who say Madden is better, so the notion that Madden shouldn't be rated higher than APF this year isn't so far fetched.
Sully's also the person that brought up the value that 2K5 was at $20 versus APF @$60, without taking into account why 2K5 was $20 - so that's an opinion I had to dismiss. I also respect LBz's views, but he was able to tolerate playing Madden most of last year despite it's deficiencies. I couldn't stomach finishing a game out of boredom. Imo the 9's the game's being rated at are based off the 8's the game got last year - which reviewers are NOW essentially saying wasn't deserved. It's a total contradiction.

I could not get through a game of Madden '07 without being bored - I literally quit on someone online out of boredom (I apologized to the person for having to do so). Probably the most important factor to me is the gameplay vids that have been released so far. I've seen nothing in them that's of the spectacular variety, or anything I'd be running replays over and over again - anything that gives that "wow!" feeling, outside of seeing real NFL teams rendered really well (except for the still-too large imo body proportions imo). Still stiff QB anims. No one has a problem with the robotic dropbacks? Still seeing other goofy animations, and these are just in gameplay video - I'd likely see a lot more if I had the game. So I'd have to see someone that's looking at things from that perspective before I'd even begin to believe in the hype. I let myself run out at midnight Madden-ess last year at the last minute off hype, despite all the disappointing gameplay video and everything telling me a I shouldn't - only to be extremely disappointed.

If Madden deserves these 9+ ratings, we'll see. But I just don't see how it's that much better than APF. The hype machine is seriously in overdrive right now.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS