View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #33
dan77733
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: CBS SportsLine.com showing nice depth charts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
You can change the setup to a 3-4 but it doesn't change the playbook. In game, the depth chart will show 3-4 defense. However, if the original teams playbook was a 4-3, it will still run a 4-3 against you.
Have you been able to find a way to switch team's defenses and playbook's by exchanging it with another team? For example, the 49ers run a 3-4 defense while the Ravens run a 4-3. Any chance of being able to switch them with each other to where if you play with the 49ers, their depth chart and playbook is the Ravens?

Also, for teams like the Jets, Raiders, Vikings and Cowboys who have both the 4-3 and 3-4 listed, can one be eliminated completely? If not, will your depth chart allow us to setup each individually or will both be linked with each other like it is in-game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Not sure about 2. The only time I have seen the CPU change the PR/KR is when massive global player rating edits are done on a file. Evidently, the attributes you roster guys are changing (for QBs for example) are used in the game's calculation of who would make a good kick returner. Hopefully, being able to set them in editor will cause them to stick but I can't say for sure. You may have to reset before every week in the editor.
I dont think that it has anything to do with global edits because in my roster file, the starting QB becomes the kick and punt returner after week one (which is where the **** CPU changes everything) but if I simply release all the QB's in the team rosters section and then assign them back to their respective team, the starting QB is no longer the kick and punt returner. Personally, I think that the majority of these problems have to do with the game's depth chart setup in general because I never had any of these problems in 2k3 or 2k4. If I apply global edits to my roster but dont release and "re-assign" every player back to their respective team, the starting QB becoming the kick and punt returner never happens.

Also, I have a few other questions for you Finn, if you dont mind.

1) Is the depth chart addition for roster and/or franchise files?

2) Have you been able to find a way to rename teams and apply current logos and stadiums to other teams? For example, since I would like the 49ers to run a 3-4 and use the Ravens playbook without having to use that crappy playbook option in-game, I thought that if I simply use the game's "customize league" option, I could switch the Ravens and 49ers with each other and then, just rename them and apply the stadium name and team logo to them.

To be clearer, I would switch the 49ers and Ravens with each other thus making the Ravens in the NFC West and the 49ers in the AFC North. Once in franchise, I would rename the 49ers to the Baltimore Ravens and apply their respective team logo and stadium to them thus having two Ravens teams but then I would rename the Ravens (in the NFC West) into the San Francisco 49ers and apply their respective team logo and stadium to them. Actually, I dont think that sounds clearer. Sorry. Basically, I would like to switch the 49ers depth chart and playbook with the Ravens depth chart and playbook but keeping everything else (stadium, logo, etc.) intact as it should be without having to use the game's playbook options.

Thanks again Finn. I'm sorry for all the questions but im sure that you expected them, especially from your number one pain in the ***, me. LOL.

Thanks.