View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 PM   #35
dan77733
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: CBS SportsLine.com showing nice depth charts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I am investigating switching playbooks now. Don't know if any thing will come of it.
Awesome, that's all I ask. If we could somehow switch a team's depth chart along with their playbook, we would be able to setup teams who run the 4-3 or 3-4 accordingly. For example, since the 49ers run the 4-3 in-game, I have Manny Lawson at DE because that's what he would be if they ran the 4-3 in reality. If we can switch the 49ers with the Ravens and vice versa, I could have Lawson at OLB in the 3-4 since that's where he plays.

If there's one thing that I wish you could somehow get done, this is it because we would be able to adjust teams that switch defensive setups plus will give added replay value to the game since several teams would be using different playbooks than before. All im hoping is to get the Ravens 3-4 defense and their playbook assigned to the 49ers without having to use the crappy in-game playbook option.

Quote:
Since I can't drop the playbooks yet, the teams that play both will still play both... so no the eliminated part. The depth chart position is stored with the player. He has a left and right depth chart place for his position. For positions with no "other side", (i.e. RB,FB,QB,C,TE,K,P,FS,SS) the left side is used. CB, DE, WR, G, T use both. However, you can't have a guy start at left CB in the 3-4 but right CB in the 4-3 since the player holds the depth chart info and has no clue which defense the team runs. The 2 positions that are weird are the MLB (in 4-3) and NT (in 3-4). Your starting middle linebacker will always be the Left ILB in the 3-4. The starting NT in the 3-4, will always be the Left DT in the 4-3. Hope that didn't confuse you too much.
This is why I always put the top rated WR, DE, DT, OLB and CB on the left side because in some formations, only one of the two players at that respective position is in on the play and it's always the left side which is why I always put the highest rated player there. After all, why would anyone want a 65 rated player when they could have a 90 rated player in on the play instead? I know exactly what you mean by the MLB and NT positions for teams that run both the 3-4 and 4-3. I hate this because I put the first, second and third teams in order of rating. For example, with the Jets, I have DT Robertson (85) at LDT and he's the NT in the 3-4. Oelhoffen is the starting RDT but is the fourth NT because listing him after Robertson messes up the second team on the 4-3. I hate that VC didnt make the teams that run both the 4-3 and 3-4 separate instead of having one affect the other.

Quote:
That is weird. Hopefully, the editor will help with this. However, I have never seen the CPU have the wrong guy returning kicks in Franchise using any user created roster without global edits.
This is just wierd but I still think that the problem has to do with 2k5's depth chart setup and not global edits because if it was due to global edits, I wouldnt be able to get around the problem by simply releasing and reassigning all the QB's back to their respective team.

Quote:
No I haven't found a way to do that yet. So far I have only found a way to change the way the PBP refers to your team. I changed the Bucs team PBP to be the Patriots and Dan,Steve and the PA announcer referred to my Bucs team as the Patriots and Gruden as Belichek (sp?). The graphics didn't change however. But still there may be hope.
Well, you're like halfway there. If it's possible to edit the PBP for the team, then all that's left is being able to take the correct stadium name and team logo's with it. If this becomes a reality, then I could simply switch the Ravens and 49ers using that customize league option and then apply the correct stadium and team logo's. Basically, this would be a way around the inability thus far to switch a 4-3 defense (and the respective playbook) to the 3-4 and vice versa.

Thanks for answering my questions and while it's been over a year since you released your last editor, I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that it's definitely been worth the wait.

Finn = the EA / Madden killer.
Advertisements - Register to remove