View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #73
spankdatazz22
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
more so than preference im speaking of player interaction and the level of gameplay mechanics the engine is capable of, and the old dreamcast engine is light years behind 2k5 and APF. I like NCAA this year, its fun and making strides, but its engine is still way behind in tangible areas that arent just a matter of taste. i dont want VC to scrap their engine till its no longer capable of encorporating the things they want to add to the game (natural mo for example) until then im just not understanding where the gameplay engine is lagging behind.
cosign, because it isn't. If anything it's ahead of where the other games are. Better passing. Better receiving. Better running. Better blocking. Better interaction. Better animations. Better sidelines and crowds/crowd reactions. The only places people might argue that Madden/NCAA are better is in the graphics, but if I think we were comparing apples to apples (both were allowed to use NFL teams, or neither) then I think even that wouldn't be a clearcut winner for NCAA/Madden. We shouldn't want change for change's sake. VC has improved the game significantly in each iteration since the Dreamcast days (imo), and I'd trust they'd know when it was time to implement something completely new if significant change was needed.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS