View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #75
TeeDogg
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin
TeeDogg: I pretty much agree with you, but... The point isn't so much that the gameplay engine for all 2K football games is "behind" anyone ELSE... I think the problem is that NFL 2K on Dreamcast went SO FAR beyond (ahead of) anyone else with that generation of hardware that some may have expected their initial release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to have a similar bound in technology (above and beyond everyone else, including themselves). Why they had that expectation is truly beyond me really.

I had no such goal in mind, especially after the bogus pre-rendered commercial for Madden 06 proclaiming the arrival of NeXT GeN GAMEPLAY on Xbox 360. Then they produced a release on that system that was comparitively CRAP. APF2K8 is pretty much exactly what I thought it would be, considering the three year gap between football game releases from Visual Concepts.

I never expected for a moment Visual Concepts spent that entire time, nose to the grindstone, shedding blood, sweat and tears to hopefully "someday" be able to release another football game and prepare a new engine. Ridiculous. That costs money, time and resources that no company would have dedicated without the NFL license. Heck, EA Sports HAS the license exclusively and still didn't do it.

I really don't expect anyone to show viable football game technology that makes that LEAP before perhaps Fall 2009 on the current generation of hardware. It would have been cool if the JUMP could be made sooner, last year, this year... But such is life.

HUN-YA!

Red Ronin

well stated........
Advertisements - Register to remove