View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: What's also missing from 2k

Those are some classics, LBZ. Two in particular that I would like to see implemented in the game are the Atwater-Okoye hit and the Butkus hit. I really don't see safeties like Lott and Tatum hitting a running lane in full stride and blowing runners up, which is precicely the sort of thing they specialized in during their careers. I also don't see much scraping and exploding into ballcarriers by the linebackers, and if I spend a gold pick on Dick, I want to see him read, scrape, fill, and destroy.

Aside from those, I also like the point about corners playing short zones. I think some better zone AI and an animation set that included a hard tackle on a short route would go a long way toward getting the defense on par with the offense. In particular, I wonder why my corners who are playing cover 2 hard never seem to come up and really force the screen play; I see guys diagnose and blow that up all the time. I also wonder why defenders generally don't blindside receivers coming into their zones. They tend instead to do catch or swat attempt animations.