View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
capa
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: This game needs something...

QB play is "broken" in 2K5. As much as it pains me to say that, it is true. The best you can do is pump up their critical attributes and hope for the best.

I have taken QBs and made their Pass Read Coverage and Pass Accuracy 120 (using Finn's editor) with an aggression rating of 0 and have still seen them throw into double and triple coverage. Now, you WILL get better play on the whole and in the long run with inflated ratings, but it will not alleviate the problem overall.

I really believe there is a huge dependency on the playbook used as well. Some of the plays are alot more "risky" and I don't think the programmers got to the point where the cpu QB really functions with the kind of AI we as gamers were hoping for. I think there are alot of pre-determined intended receivers regardless of whether they are open or not. I think that has a lot to do with the issue. I've just seen it too many times to think otherwise.

But the other guys are right...you can do things to help "soften" the problem such as raising QB ratings as mentioned, lowering DBs ratings for Coverage, Agility, and Aggression. But overall the problem will not go away.

You will still see things that will make you want to throw the controller. However, the good outweighs the bad in this game by a longshot, and you just have to sort of "suspend disbelief" as you would when watching a movie...some things are going to happen that shouldn't.

C