Old 12-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #4
bkrich83
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Opinion on Route Running....

Quote:
Originally Posted by #85_on_a_mission
Thanks alot. I adjusted my route running that day because the ground was wet. The first time I ran and out and fell on my behind. The way you explained the way I should run routes is the way I used to run them but I changed my style. I figured that by running them the way I did in the vid by using stems, and headfakes it could set up DBs alot better. Which way do you think I should run them?
Stems and head fakes are great tools. Also on the out route stuff learn how to use a shoulder press to. Problem sometimes a stem release doesn't mesh with the rest of the play. Your headfakes are good, but you are giving them away too early allowing the DB to squat on the route. The good news is, sometimes you can use that to set up a double move. Bad news is, it can lead to a ball going to the other way on a normal route.

Like I said, I can see some things there that tell me you can play. First to things I would work on would be your take off. Get rid of the hitch you have some times, and your hands. Use them better in and out of your breaks.

I don't know how old you are or how big you are, but if I were a coach at the next level, I would think I could turn you in to a good WR.

Keep up the effort.