View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #35
Kilmer
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Cowboys at Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
This is true and I like Campbell a lot. He's had a good year. But if you remember those games, there was serious turmoil on the sidelines. Who's calling the plays? Why aren't they getting in on time? Why is the personnel on the field not what it should be? Why are they calling a timeout at a time like that? They are clearly more comfortable letting Collins just run the plays than with Campbell. I don't quite understand it but right now it is what it is, and it's shown on the field. You can see the difference in play calling by how the ball has been spread around the field. For a long time, the WRs didn't even have a catch and last week Collins hit at least 5 different targets. It's not that Campbell couldn't (imo) but they wouldn't let him.
See I don't understand why people say this, every pass play has a 1st 2nd and 3rd reads. They are the same plays, Collins is just understanding the reads better IMO. And I like Campbell and still want him to be the Redskin QB, I just think he can learn a lot by watching Collins run Saunders offense right now. I used to get frustrated seeing Moss break open on a play only to see Campbell check down to Sellers or throw to Cooley underneath. The QB needs to get the wr's involved.

And the timeouts early in the season I think have everything to do with being cautious with a young QB, not really mismanagement. But there are too many "head" coaches on this team, they sometimes seem to make decisions by committee when they really should not.
Advertisements - Register to remove