Old 12-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #36
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Cowboys at Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmer
See I don't understand why people say this, every pass play has a 1st 2nd and 3rd reads. They are the same plays, Collins is just understanding the reads better IMO. And I like Campbell and still want him to be the Redskin QB, I just think he can learn a lot by watching Collins run Saunders offense right now. I used to get frustrated seeing Moss break open on a play only to see Campbell check down to Sellers or throw to Cooley underneath. The QB needs to get the wr's involved.

And the timeouts early in the season I think have everything to do with being cautious with a young QB, not really mismanagement. But there are too many "head" coaches on this team, they sometimes seem to make decisions by committee when they really should not.
We're saying the same thing so I'm having trouble figuring out where you're confused. I like Campbell and Collins. I think Collins should start this year for as long as they win and Campbell should be the starter coming into next season. I guess you're talking about my comment on more WRs getting involved now than before (and the TOs, etc.). I don't think Campbell was calling different plays but that he was calling a much, much smaller percentage of the playbook. He clearly doesn't have the understanding of it that Collins does at this point but I also think they need to take the training wheels off. He should've started long before he did. Like you said, "they have too many head coaches" and I think they get in their own way a lot more with Campbell out there than with Collins out there.

Keep in mind, this all started with Odogg saying not having Campbell start was a plus for the Cowboys... I think our confusion is different angles of arguing the same thing (for the most part).