View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #44
mutler
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How close could 2k make a generic NFL League!

The whole grow the league thing is nice. What I like to see for franchise are blank slates. No Records.. that way at the end of the season new records are formed. Then the next season you can try and break those records. So if the first season of the league ,Lance Joseph rushed for 1800 yrds and 20 Tds and he lead the league, then thats the record.
As far as team personality maybe use some of the online VIP'S from APF2K8 to use as coaches. It would be could to see all these profile sitting there waiting for jobs. Either that or have the abilities assigned to the coaches. So Coach Pat Carroll could be a DEF coach so everywhere he goes his DEF is always stout.
I would like to see more specials positions, like Scat backs, Brusiers, Slashers, Downhill runners, and so on.
CB's: shutdown, cover, hard hitters, and so on
QB's: Gunslingers, Cool hand lukes, scramblers, and so on.
That way during the combine thats how they would label the players and then each indivual personal would have strength and weakness.
Its cool that each player had strengths but it would be cool to add atleast one weakness. So you can have a receiver at is a Route God but doesnt have good hands in crowds. So if he is getting double teamed he wont catch a ball but if he's a little open he will catch it.

When it comes to team money, would like to each position and tier to have a cap. So that way instead of just picking 2 gold 3 silver and 6 bronze.
That way for the money of one Gold player i could get maybe a Silver and and 2 Bronze or maybe 4 bronze or a whole bunch of nobodys who could be somebody.

Thats my .02 anyway.