Old 02-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #8
DrJones
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Show Us The Love, Part I: Five Things Gamers Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M. Son
I'll take all 5 of those suggestions and kind of roll them into one.
When it comes down to it, it seems that game developers don't listen to their customers (gamers). I don't know too many "other" business genres that can afford to regularly and consistently NOT listen to their customers. If developers realized that what gamers want is usually far more appropriate than a development team's whims and guesses, we'd not be in many of the scenarios we are in today.
Each of the areas laid out above would never have happened if the collective voice of the community were heard and appreciated. Especially in todays internet age, why is it that developers still act like they develop in a vacuum? Listen to gamers, and many of the criticisms and complaints would simply go away.... not to say they have to do everything we suggest or wish for, but just take our voice into more consideration is all.
Read my post above. EA and 2K don't care about complaints unless they think said complaints result in lost revenues. Hardcore gamers are deemed (rightly or wrongly) to be a vocal minority who rarely put their money where their mouth is. They complain and then buy the product anyway. From a business perspective, why cater to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post