View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #8
ManiacMatt1782
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: OS Roundtable: Non-Licensed Football

Quote:
Patrick Williams: I'm not excited about any non licensed football games. Non licensed=boring to me. I can't relate to these teams or players, and I don't find it interesting.

If I have to pick something for the sake of this Roundtable then I will pick Backbreaker. Just to see the physics and everything that has been promised with the new engine. Hopefully Madden and EA can get this in their game.
It's thinking like this, that no matter how well a game ends up playing, if it's not madden, It gonna fail. I have come to this realization that the NFL license just means that much to people nowadays. No one remembers Madden 93. which despite not having and NFL, or NFL pa license was a fun football game. Or NFL PA 93 which only had the players license, but couldnt use the real NHL teams, but still one of the top hockey games of all time "MAKE GRETZKY BLEED" Video Games have been around so long, most people either, were too young to remember a time where noone had the major sports league licenses. or have been playing so long that the license is expected. Well the NFL, EA, Take 2, and other companies ar bringing us into a world with exclusive licenses. And I feel its our duty as consumers, to buy the best quality product, and that isn't always the one with the name brand. Case in point. If backbreaker for example does infact become something revolutionary, i still doubt it sells much more than APF 2k8, if it even elipses it at all. People are hooked on the license. NCAA MVP 06 improved upon everything on MVP 05 gameplay wise, but it was college baseball and you didnt have MLB teams players and stadiums. so it failed. everyone cried for mvp to comeback but they didnt support the version trhat came out after they lost the license, even though it was a superior game. when people lose this addiction to the license is when we may start seeing better games.