Old 04-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
allBthere
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
I'm sorry guys, but I honestly think this game is going to be nothing more than a tech demo, especially after this "fact sheet" was released. In their fact sheet they don't even talk about anything football minus "technology". Unless they are going to spring a ton of surprises on us, I just don't see this being any good compared to other games that will be on the market.
IMO there are no other games on the market that are any good. That fact sheet looks like somthing I read last year. It didn't mention customization, which we know there is because of the 1up's helmets etc.

'nothing more than a tech demo' ...I don't understand these comments. If you want to make a tech demo, than you go ahead and make a tech demo and show it to dev studios. If you are making a playable football game that has taken over a year of hard work, with unique controls and camera's and uni customization - you are not making a tech demo.

If you have not been following the dev diaries and 'ask the dev team' segments, I could see potentially saying something like this based off of the fact sheet. But if you have been following everything, you'd see there is much more than what's listed on the fact sheet, and you'd have to justify why this game could be called a 'tech demo'

is gears of war an unreal engine 'tech demo' ?