Old 05-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #75
bkrich83
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Best team for each franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Excluding the NFC Champ game debacle, no one had even slowed down that Viking scoring machine all season.

As good as Denver was on Offense, there wasn't another offense they had faced all season as balanced and as dangerous as the Vikes were. A Pro Bowl RB, A Pro Bowl filled O line, a freak at WR with a Hall of Famer alongside him and a damn fine 3rd option. No secondary in the NFL could hang with the Vikes receivers because no matter who you covered, there was a glaring mismatch. Double Moss and leave Carter one on one? Drop your Safeties in Cover 2 and leave Robert Smith with room to run?

It would have been an awesome Super Bowl. I don't see how anyone could think Minnesota couldn't have gone toe to toe with Denver.

But then again...it's all hypothetical anyway.
Statistically Denver was every bit as good as the Vikes offensively. Interesting note the Niners actually outgained both teams by a significant amount of yardage.

Denver was better at RB, Offensive Line and QB than Minnesota was, and was better on special teams and defense.

I think Minnesota was good that year, but it would be tough to convince me they were better than Denver. Especially after the ease in which they dismantled the Atlanta team that beat the Vikes. Not to mention they were the defending champs. There is no doubt in my mind Denver was the best team in the league that year, and they proved it on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove