View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #42
callmetaternuts
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Official Bugs/Glitches Thread (PS3/360)

I copied Auburn Alumni's post to share a few bugs (hope he doesnt mind)

Ok...My initial thoughts after playing for about 4 hours on Heisman, at varying slider levels.

1. Stadium Sounds are AWESOME. Simply awesome. CD quality music sounds GREAT in game.

2. The run game on Heisman is...in my opinion..a thing of beauty. I have no issues with it whatsoever.

3. Wide Open offense seems to mean DUMB defense and superhuman QBs. John Parker Wilson went 27-31 with 4 TDs and 2 INTs against me. That means he threw a TOTAL of TWO...that's T-W-O....incomplete passes on Heisman...against a 94 rated defense on 8 minute quarters (and one of those was dropped.)

The pass defense AI is..in a word..."Sketchy". Zone, Man..it doesn't matter. There are times in the game where your DB will have great position and literally move out of position to allow a CPU WR to make the catch.

Some examples of what I'm talking about....

Exhibit A.

A simple pass into the flats. But notice Tray Blackmon, who is closing quickly to make the hit...literally turns around and runs away..for a split second. This allows the RB to easily make the catch and possibly gain some yardage. And no...at no point was I in control of Blackmon.

Exhibit B. Alabama..on their own 1 yard line, runs an end around with Julio Jones. Mike McNeil, the AU Free Safety, is strafing across the field as Julio crosses for the sideline. But does McNeil sprint for the corner...or attack Julio and try and make the tackle? Nope. He stops....yes...stops....and literally stands upright in the middle of the field, not once..but TWICE. This allows the other Bama WR to come over, block him, and the rest is history.

This is a major issue EA. Combining instances like this, with super accurate QBs and an admittedly (by their own guys) "neutered" pass rush can add up to some ridiculously offensive ballgames. This needs to be addressed IMO.

4. Punt coverage is "fair" but Kickoff coverage is absoluely, positively atrocious . Seriously...it's the worst I've ever seen in a video game. If you can't get back to the 40 yard line at least on every kickoff then, quite frankly, you suck. I took a KR back, on Heisman....in my very first game and no one was within 15 yards of me.

5. Jump the snap is alive and well. The worst feature ever to grace a football game (NO ONE DOES THIS IN REAL LIFE EA) happened...and yes I kept a sheet of paper and marked each time I saw "Jump the Snap" in the corner of the screen when the CPU did it... 27 times in an 8 minute game with Heisman settings at 65 awareness. 27 times.

I've played a total of 5 hours, I do enjoy the game, but I have some very serious concerns. The Defense is almost non existent at times and quite frankly, disturbing plays like the ones I posted above have happened in every game I've played so far on Heisman.

This was also with both CPU and HUM Defensive awareness at 65 .

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.