View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
Kearnzo
Banned

OVR: 18
Are the default sliders too easy?

Just wondering what you guys think. Right now, I am sitting at 6-1 with the Titans, with my only loss coming to the Texans. I even beat the Colts fairly handily in week 8, which suprised me.

My question is, are the default sliders too easy? I do think I am doing a pretty good job of gameplanning and working new players into the playbook, and my defense is stifling thus far, but I don't want to have it be a cakewalk each year. I am hoping I have just been gameplanning very well and my players are responding by executing.

Also noteworthy is the performance of Vince Young, who even with my craptastic group of recievers (highest is a 73 OVR) has 9 TD's and 6 INT's on the year. Lendale White has been carrying the load however, averaging over 100 YPG with 6 TD's so far. Doesn't hurt that my defense is only allowing about 10 PPG, and already has a shutout on the year (KC). Doesn't hurt that due to starting pre draft, I got another shot at free agency, and held on to Haynesworth along with picking up Asante Samuel who has been a stud. This allowed me to focus on offense during the draft much more, and I traded up to acquire Jake Long at pick 11 after being left on the board, and he is also a stud (91 OVR). Also grabbed Xavier Adibi in round 4 I believe, and he is already rated higher than Thornton at LOLB with a potential around 87. Great draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove