View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 04:55 AM   #110
CH4OS
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone from Europe ordered the PS3 CE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Yep, I've mailed them back asking for a tracking number....if it takes another week then that is just far too long...the only reason I can think that they have changed to DHL is because it's cheaper...but the delivery times are nowhere near as good as using the old method of normal air mail from Canada....post hasn't been today yet but the longer this goes on the more I'm resigned to it not coming each day.

Edit - post just been and no game...sick of this now...
If this shipping method is cheaper then why do we pay the same for shipping? The only valid reason i can see for this, is that they can control if the packages arrive to their destination, so they can avoid lost packages and having to send a new one and this way losing money.

But at least warn their customers that this will happen and give the tracking number! If they tell people "It will take at least an extra week" then everyone can decide if they want to order from them and wait or not, and with a tracking number you don't get all worked up with the possibility of the game arriving any day...

I still don't understand why DHL would send packages from Canada to New Zealand and then to Europe. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, since it's not cheapier by any means, and add this to the fact that some online shops from Canada send their packages from New Zealand....