Home

Anyone from Europe ordered the PS3 CE?

This is a discussion on Anyone from Europe ordered the PS3 CE? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #105
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Anyone from Europe ordered the PS3 CE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
Like i said in an earlier post for £7.50 you could of got dhl. Mine arrived in the UK on wednesday. Its always the same either 2 or 3 days after vg+ sends it.
I would've paid the extra but with nobody at home to sign for the delivery it's not possible for me....in the past items from VG+ normally take 4-5 days in the normal post to the UK...next time though I might take out the DHL option and see if they can ship it to my parents house or work address.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #106
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Ok then, what will Monday bring..I'm off work today, had it pre-booked as I thought it would be here now....see what happens, although I'm not too optimistic..had a reply back from VG+ regarding the New Zealand shipping etc, and they have changed shipping policy recently...

"We have begun using DHL Global Mail and they ship parcels a bit different. They may depending on where in the world you are send parcels through there we are not 100% sure of this though. Delivery is usually 4-10 business days we have found."

So, fingers crossed for Monday, but in all honesty it could be anytime this week guys...my only worry is that it won't come in the normal post now, as it's DHL will it come via a courier delivery? Which isn't really any good for me as we have nobody at home.

Last edited by Ninjoid; 08-18-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #107
Rookie

larma's Arena

OVR: 9

Still no game in post.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:12 AM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ninjoid, it comes by regular mail and if the delivery time is the same as the other orders i saw with a stamp from New Zealand, then Friday is possible but it will probably arrive next Monday...

That was the same reply i got, and still i don't believe in it. With this change to "DHL Global Mail" they should have a tracking number of the package (DHL gives one) and VGP don't give us anything...and then why a stamp from New Zealand? It should only have a Canadian stamp...
Old 08-18-2008, 04:28 AM   #109
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Yep, I've mailed them back asking for a tracking number....if it takes another week then that is just far too long...the only reason I can think that they have changed to DHL is because it's cheaper...but the delivery times are nowhere near as good as using the old method of normal air mail from Canada....post hasn't been today yet but the longer this goes on the more I'm resigned to it not coming each day.

Edit - post just been and no game...sick of this now...

Last edited by Ninjoid; 08-18-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:55 AM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Yep, I've mailed them back asking for a tracking number....if it takes another week then that is just far too long...the only reason I can think that they have changed to DHL is because it's cheaper...but the delivery times are nowhere near as good as using the old method of normal air mail from Canada....post hasn't been today yet but the longer this goes on the more I'm resigned to it not coming each day.

Edit - post just been and no game...sick of this now...
If this shipping method is cheaper then why do we pay the same for shipping? The only valid reason i can see for this, is that they can control if the packages arrive to their destination, so they can avoid lost packages and having to send a new one and this way losing money.

But at least warn their customers that this will happen and give the tracking number! If they tell people "It will take at least an extra week" then everyone can decide if they want to order from them and wait or not, and with a tracking number you don't get all worked up with the possibility of the game arriving any day...

I still don't understand why DHL would send packages from Canada to New Zealand and then to Europe. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, since it's not cheapier by any means, and add this to the fact that some online shops from Canada send their packages from New Zealand....
Old 08-18-2008, 04:58 AM   #111
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Yeah I agree..if I'd known about this previously I'd have at least had the option of paying extra for express delivery or going elsewhere...the PS3 CE on ebay are looking very tempting at the moment...but I need to get my sanity back otherwise I might just get one of those the way I feel...in stock, in the UK, delivery tomorrow..h'mmmmmm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 05:03 AM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Yeah I agree..if I'd known about this previously I'd have at least had the option of paying extra for express delivery or going elsewhere...the PS3 CE on ebay are looking very tempting at the moment...but I need to get my sanity back otherwise I might just get one of those the way I feel...in stock, in the UK, delivery tomorrow..h'mmmmmm
As I said earlier - patience is the key

With all the public holidays and general laziness we have here in Austria I could very well be waiting for another week...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »