View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #54
obviousman03
Rookie

obviousman03's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC

-fix the kicking, obviously. but that is being handled with the patch.

-somebody has probably mentioned it, but i'd love to keep a practice squad around. then when a major injury occurs instead of running to the FA list you could call up a practice squad player.

-i never played the first head coach (didn't have a ps2 or whatever it came out on at the time), but i think i remember reading something about being able to give speeches to certain players on your team. i think it would be cool if you could do something like call together your defense and psyched them up for one last drive. we see this all the time in important games, and depending on the coach sometimes it works and sometimes it does nothing.

-in the preseason, the "train player" part of practice should include anyone below a certain level of playbook knowledge. that would give you a list of rookies, players new to the team and dumb players.

-the ability to name captains. the team would react to the initial picking of the captain and that group would alter their personality a little bit. for instance, if i sign odell thurman and immediately name him captain my linebackers would be upset that i signed a new, young, troublemaking guy and none of them would hesitate to speak out to the media. if i make shawne merriman my captain, the linebackers would be happy because he's proven and a team player. there would then be less players speaking out to the media and having low approval ratings. these captains (and they dont have to be captains, they could be "position leaders) could then be the mediary between those players and the coach. for instance, if jabar gaffney is unhappy about his playing time i might get a message from randy moss that says "coach, jabar gaffney has been telling me he's unhappy about his playing time. you might want to take care of this before it's a problem." at the same time, if my wide receiver captain was terrell owens, i might not hear anything about it except from the media. since coaches spend most of their time managing these personalities, they always have allies on the team to help them be everywhere at all times. i'd love for this to be included.