View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #56
SloeyEZ
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: What we'd like to see if there are future releases of HC

Well, I just finished my first season from pre-draft to pre-draft. I finshed 10-6 6th seed and beat the undefeated Colts to go to the AFC championship game...which I lost. (oh yeah, I'm coaching the Bills) I'll probably repeat a bit of this when I finally do my "impressions" post but there are some things I thought definitely belonged on the wish list.

24) During the draft it would be nice to be able to do some sorting and arranging of draftees based on % scouted and individual attributes if known including the +/- attributes such as descending +++/++/+ by the categories. (Big School, Strength, etc)

25) A written transcript (call it a newspaper if it makes you feel better) of what Adam says and also what appears on the ticker. I know a lot of this information is in the "NFL News" tab, but it is a bit hard to manage there.

26) It's been said before but we really need more congruency on the screens when having to make a decision. What I mean by that is that when we are having to make the decision of hiring/firing or signing/resigning we need to be able to access personal info (player cards & coach cards) while making our decision. I found it humurous that we are given over 30 mins of real time once we are on the (hire/fire screen) yet we have no access to information. If we leave the screen to look at info then you only have seconds instead of the 30+ minutes you had when you were inside the hire/fire screen

27) It is absolutely imperative that we know what our potential coaches have to offer before we hire them. I found this the least functional part of this game. HC 06 had it right in theory although not in execution, where you interviewed your coaches and that was supposed to reveal their attributes. It would need to be improved on in its actual application, but knowing the attributes of your coaches is a must and is probably the only part of this game that totally destroys the ability to completely immerge myself in the simulation. I would probably make this #1 with a bullet on things I'd like to see in future expansions/releases.