View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #488
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its a good demo. Like everything though, the more I play it...the more flaws I see. Passing animations are still poor and Ive seen on several occasions the old bullet baseball pass from past versions and high arching passes to players right next to each other. The FT system is decent but I can see it becoming a little too easy to master.

I also worry a little bit about the substitution patterns the cpu will use. Toward the middle of the second quarter, the CPU will sub if there is a stoppage. One of the biggest problems with Lives is that the CPU only subs by position...not by team tendency. For example in real life if Perkins comes out, the C's usually move Garnett to Center and play Powe/Davis at PF. In the demo, Patrick O'Bryant comes in for Perkins because he is the only Center and that probably wouldnt happen in real life. Its a small nitpick but things like that will frustrate me and make me not want to play the retail version alot.
Sounds like the same issues from Live 08. I just played against the C's in Live 08 literrally 5 minutes ago, and that same CPU sub pattern to the tee of what you described just happened.

I hope retail has ironed some of these things out.

and oh yes fellas.... VIDEOS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!